SEO audit is the comprehensive site analysis that helps you to assess performance of your on-page & off-page activities. Let us see how it is possible; SEO audit will help you to assess whether you are earning the qualified inbound links of reputable websites or including the Alt Txt for any on-page images.
SEO audit has following components:
- Poisonous Link Analysis: Such analysis helps you to determine if you are receiving any poisonous links – the links from any bad neighborhoods like link farms or spammy directories.
- Backlink Competitive Analysis: It helps you to assess quality of the backlinks & compare it with your competitors.
- Website Speed Analysis: This helps you to assess speed of your site and different ways of improving it.
- Content Keywords Analysis: Such analysis helps you to determine how Google will interpret your site based on content given on your website.
- Duplicate Content Analysis: It helps you to determine if there is one or more version of the page indexed.
- Social Sharing Analysis: It helps you to determine if you have included the social media icons on the blogs or other pages on your site.
- Content Audit Analysis: Such analysis helps you to determine you have included relevant and unique meta descriptions, SEO-friendly URLs, meta keywords, title tags or other features on your site.
By performing SEO audit, you will gain following benefits:
Know current SEO weaknesses
The SEO audit will help you to identify different SEO activities that are not performing very well. Example, you can discover you have not included any relevant meta descriptions and keywords, targeted keywords on the web pages and social media buttons. You may discover that you’ve the duplicate content, slow website speed and poisonous inbound links that are directing onto your site.
Identify your competitor’s strength
The SEO audit helps you to discover different SEO activities that your competitors perform well. For instance, you can discover your competitors are making links from the relevant and qualified websites, attaining fast site speed, and including right attributes on the websites. Such discovery helps you to find different ways of improving your SEO performance.
Focus Your Strategy
When you have identified different SEO activities you are performing well, you may focus your entire energy on improving other areas like.
- Including Alt Txt
- Going back to your blogs & including tags and meta descriptions.
- Earning backlinks
- Installing social media sharing button plug-ins