Air compressor is the equipment where the pressurized air is converted to energy, which in turn used in completing the work using pressure based tool. The air compressors are used from house hold purposes to industrial purposes. The principle is the same for all the purposes; it is only the difference in the volume of the pressurized air used for the purpose. It is very important to know which air compressor best suits his purpose. One can know best air compressor in the websites. There are websites like http://rateaircompressors.com which gives the information and also reviews of different air compressors.
Air compressors usage covers not only the industries but also used in small activities of day to day life like nailing, hammering, spraying, inflating tires. Based on the purpose where the air compressors are used, it can be categorized into consumer grade, professional grade and industrial grade air compressor.
There are many things are taken into consideration while choosing the right air compressor.
- One should aware about the terminology of the air compressor before going to buy it. The basic terms to know are
CFM-it is the measure for the performance of the cir compressor. CFM is the air flow measured in cubic feet per minute. Air compressors with low CFM is enough for household purposes and with the higher CFM more than one pneumatic tool can run at a time.
PSI is the unit for the pressure i.e. pounds per square inch gauge.
Horsepower- it applies to the motor of the air compressor. Based on the size and design the horsepower ranges from 1.5 to 500HP.
- Based on the mobility of the air compressor there are portable and stationary models. It is the customer’s choice to choose which one suits for his purpose.
- The compressor pumps may be single staged or double staged one. For simple usage single staged compressors are enough and where a higher pressure is required double-staged compressors are used. The pumps can also be oil-lubricated or oil free. Oil-free pumps are used for household purpose where as oil-lubricated one used in industries.
- The power source, the tank size and the location where it is to be kept also considered.
- It is also mandatory to look into the maintenance of the air compressor at regular frequencies for its better performance and also for its long life.
In addition to the above basics, the user should know the pressure needed for his tool to complete the work and can choose the right air pressure for his purpose.